Monday, August 31, 2009

"Malaysia doesn't love you"



I've decided to write about something this time.
Probably because after all thats happened, I see myself changing alot
I came to realise how ungrateful and selfish I am

Today, is the 31st of August and I'm in India,
and I am upset that I'm not in my home country right now on this day

Usually every year on the 31st of August
I would be in Malaysia but I never really celebrated Merdeka
I never really felt proud to be a Malaysian
Seeing the corruption and the racism
The politics and all the other flaws
But the truth is, all these flaws
It's also happening on other countries as well


When some of my friends posted status messages on facebook
Shouting Merdeka and wishing their friends
Being proud as a Malaysian
Some people would leave comments like
"you love malaysia but malaysia doesn't love you"
"malingsial"
And when a friend said
"you would love malaysia more when you went overseas and would start missing home"
and the reply would be like
"cos the place u're at now sucks more than malingsia"
(some of you probably know who replied this =X)


To tell you the truth
Thats exactly what I use to think when people shout "Merdeka" or "I love Malaysia"
Thinking that Malaysia is not a better place
Believing that Malaysia doesn't love us
But in reality, does she?
Now, I'm believing she does!
Because I love Malaysia
All this time she doesn't love me because I don't love her
Malaysia loves us because the people love Malaysia


What changed how I think?
Well mainly because I've started caring about politics
and meeting people that actually care about Malaysia
Not that I did not meet any before
Just that I was the "ignorant" one
Never really bothered about politics
And everytime after reading them
I would only drop hatred and disgust
at the problems created by the government
and blaming Malaysia for it


I'm in India and after almost 1 month in India
I'm missing home already
especially the food!
2 more weeks to go!

Malaysia!
I'll be back (arnold style :P)

XOXOXO







4 comments:

Darren C. Edward said...

I know exactly what you mean, I was in Philippines for 6 days and I already miss Malaysia.

Esther said...

tell me about it. i went for a 2-week hol at aussie. after the 4th day, i got so sick of how early the shops close and how friendly those ppl are - g'day mate, g'day mate. ugh.

bert said...

duno how u complain peolpe being friendly. nothing wrong wit people being friendly!

Esther said...

cos so used to we minding our own business here. go there a bit of cultreshock. lol