Saturday, September 15, 2007

I need a ****job

I have a few choices but I don't know which to choose?
Help me?


One which is recommended by experienced ppl that I've known
But this way, I most probably jus sit and enjoy
I wont learn much and most probably I'll get too bored because there's no excitement
However there might be a slight chance everything will turn out right


The next one is full of excitement
But because there's so much excitement, it takes up all ur strength
However I will learn alot and I might be dam good in it in the future
But the rumours might be wrong..


Then there's this one that isn't really attractive but I might learn alot
but because its not that attractive, I'm afraid I might not be satisfied
Eventhough a ****job is not what I truly want, Choosing this might take me to what I truly desire



How? Should I find for more or just between these 3?
I'm sooo sad. I need it now!!! Help!!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... this blog doensn't sounds really rite but however, i'll relate it to ur studies. hahaha! well! choose the one that you'll learn most and you'll be damn good in the future my fren! Choose to become the "strength" hero!

Anonymous said...

Wah you got 3 job to choose? that's cool weh.

I guess you don' know what you truly want. Just trust your instincts. hahaha!

For the last wan, what do you truly desire?

ItuAnjingBetina said...

I wanted to go into filming but instead i studied animation. So.. if i go for the third 1, i might go straight into filming. But.. I still need to improve my art sense

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about selection of classes or actually getting a real job ?

Take them all if possible, and choose one from that.

Undergrads like me go to a bunch of classes and see what's interesting, because you don't really know how the field is until you actually experience it.

Hearing word of mouth is useless, because everyone's preference is different.

What they hate may be something you enjoy.

If you're talking about registration or selection of classes, is it possible to go to the classes first and then only decide ?

In the end it all depends on what you enjoy. What are the things you love to work hard on ? What is most rewarding ? What is fun ?

Read more about different fields.
Find out about it yourself by your own means. How is the industry looking ? What is hot ? Talk to experienced people.

Here are two interviews of successful people that give insights about how they choose their path.

http://www.cg-node.com/goto.php?section=interview_Carlos_Baena_page_1

http://www.dreamish.com/filmmakers/willmoore.shtml

Hope that helps. :x

Anonymous said...

Personally I would go for animation, no doubt.

That way I don't have to deal with random variables like lighting, actors, location, i.e. physical stuff.

Everything is in the software and everything is in my control.

And it involves more of art and drawing and imagination. :D

Anonymous said...

What exactly is choice 1,2,3 ?

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the latest trends of people making short animations and posting in on youtube ?

One person anime making is becoming a trend in japan.

http://web-japan.org/trends/arts/art061027.html

Then there's the famous Makoto Shinkai who produced Voices of a Distant Star HIMSELF. (with a voice help from his fiance)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voices_of_a_Distant_Star

So if you're fucking good in animation and have a solid story, you can work yourself to the top.
(using the popular youtube medium as well)

About filmmaking........ no matter how good you are, you still need to depend on others.

I did all this research in 20 minutes. So really the options are all out there you just gotta find it.

ItuAnjingBetina said...

Woa minsoon.. so many links.. Btw you kept saying having power over everything in animation. thats because you didn't study it.
A short 1 1/2 hour animation takes an average of 1 year to make and requires ALOT of people. Seriously I mean alot.
And being an animator, you're only 1/100? or maybe 1/500?

But for filming, take High School musical for example, it only takes 2 weeks for them to shoot and the crew is muuuch lesser compared to animation.

Although u did research but, you don't know anything about these 2 industry.

And yea, I was talking about jobs not classes

Anonymous said...

oh well... I would say u go and improve ur art sense... but at the same time, u take vid as part timing! i mean err.. like me, i take photography as my hobby..

Anonymous said...

High school musical is a bullshit film with no special effects or special camera takes whatsoever.

Take lord of the rings for example, it took them 18 months to make the first two movies.

Animation or movies, it all takes time and effort to make. What matters is what you enjoy doing.

Yeah like you said I don't know shit about these two industries. :(

One last suggestion. If fame and exposure is truly what you desire.

Go for a filming related job. Then get to know the person who finances the movie. The producer, director, also can. Then seduce him or her.
Then propose a script you wrote, which is based and stolen from an american sitcom comedy. Ask to be the lead actor too.

Asian malcolm in the middle for the win. Yes... yes..... you can do it.

Don't forget to thank me when you get to hollywood. You can do it man.

ItuAnjingBetina said...

u fucking noob. I'm not looking for fame n exposure. I'm looking to make my own movies, not be someone small who doesnt have any power to control the movie.
And lord of the rings take so long is because its HUGE and theres SO many special effects and cg and animation. It's animation + filming u idiot.
It dragged because its animation.
Thats what I meant. Animation is heavy and filming isnt as heavy.
And fuck you! I'm not going to use ur dispicable way of going on top.

Anonymous said...

Even with just one person, with hard work and dedication awesome animation can be made ! It was already proven by the Voices of the distant star creator, Makoto Shinkai !!

(And other rising independent individual animators equipped with just one pc !)

But can one person work hard and create awesome movies ?? Nope. Not alone. You need actors. You need cameraman. You need a movie budget.

Also is your talent of drawing useful in filming ??

Let's imagine you in the future working now....mental visualizations.

Let's say you go into filming. What can make you distinguishable from other workers that you are better in filming and deserves to rise up ? I don't know.

And now let's say you go into animation. Your drawing skills and imagination can be fully used and be demonstrated to your higher ups !

My point is is that when you choose a job, it must fit your skills that can make you stand out !

One must analyze their own strengths and weaknesses and see what fits for them !

Also, you could adopt a faster style of animation that is not CG or high quality, for faster production !? All you need is an animation with a good storyline that people will like ?? No need to be fancy ?? Like Flash ??

Fuck you very much too !! I'm a newb not a noob you leet ass mothafcker !!

ItuAnjingBetina said...

You seriously don't know how hard it is do you?

Anonymous said...

I once tried doing an animation on my sticky notes using stickman drawings and I failed miserably at drawing the transgression of movement from frame to frame.

Applying that same process with much higher quality drawings....the I can somewhat imagine.

Which is good.

Because people usually don't get impressed with the easy things you do.

ItuAnjingBetina said...

FYI I'm doing 3d animation. And if you think 3d is easier or just alittle harder than 2d, think again.

To get an character,
First you have to model the character out. If you could get that nicely then good

After modelling it you need to unwrap UV so you can texture it
and get the shaders so it looks like a correct material

Next you need to set it up
So that it is able to move
Adding controllers and bone
Then u attach it to the bone but
Wait its not done yet!
You need to paintweight so that when you turn the body etc
There's a proper deformation

Then comes human hair/cloth etc
Normal 3d canot achieve nice hair/cloth.
You need plug-ins and you need to test and test so that the hair/cloth looks and works well

Ok finally you got your 1 character/actor

But wait. Can he act? that depends on your animator.
If you animator cant animate, the whole animation looks fake, no weight not real
But even if he can animate, can he act? Ops.. bad actor bad character bad movie

All of the above is only for 1 character bitch. 1 CHARACTER!
In filming, for 1 character is soooooo much different from this!

Now I havent talk about the environment yet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you already made your decision.

I'll shut up now and go cry in my deep dark hole. :(

Anonymous said...

Isehh.... join E-One studio lar =P.

Anonymous said...

just kidding la, u'll suffer like me if u work here...=P. MIn soon, sorry to bother... but Albert is right, A film which has animation element inside takes a longer time compare to full film development because truthfully it's heavy, ma fan and mistakes are very often.

Imagine your stickman and the director hates it, spit on it , scribble it and throw it down on the floor and ask u to redo the whole damn 360 frames again... Other than that, it's not easy to get workers in an animation field.that's how it's like in animation. So film is alot easier..u don't have to face much of those problems.

You've not seen his maggie mee ad, huh? Took about few days only.

And high school musical doesn't need a good special effects to put on a good film, the important thing is the story, art direction, camera composition and good actors which can put up a good act.

But it all depends on the story whether the film needs animation or not.

Sometimes film with animation doesn't mean it'll get the best rating.I've seen worst...B grade movies.U shoult try watching them.

Even though some of us learn 3d animation.... not all will be a 3d animator for life. That's the fact bout our real world today.

ItuAnjingBetina said...

Hey man! Only people that actually stepped into this field will fully understand how its like..
Can't blame them for not understanding..

johnny tai said...

Yea I guess, maybe we just give them Maya 7 software and see how they can animate a perfect bouncing ball.

johnny tai said...

and using graph editor. BUt bouncing ball need to create alot of group names to separate the functions of the translate, rotate and scaling... but, still that don't need as well. I guess give them the flour sack will do.