Saturday, November 3, 2007

Best Best Best!

I dont really fancy animes except if they're from Mr togashi (hunterXhunter) or from studio ghibli. But I found one that really opened my eyes
And I mean it!


5cm/s

The directing of this movie is amazingly beautiful. To me it is so far the best I've seen in all 2d animation.
Every shot is unique and it is seriously "out of the box"
But the reasons for the shots are also amazing!
I almost cried watching this, cried of admiration and amazement.

The animation is also wonderfully done! every shadow, highlights and EVEN reflection is drawn and painted in this animation
Before every cast shadow there will be a lighter colour shadow line to beautiful every shadow. (not very clear on youtube)
The art direction is also another beautiful thing!
The story is BEAUTIFUL! some might say its soo boring n stupid and so lovey duvey.
Well fuck you! you dont know how to appreciate love stories dont come barking around.

But what I can say is its not "cliche" and the acting of the characters is not too "movie-like", as in quite realistic actings. Like you wont do that thing in real life but instead you'll only do this

Have I talked about the directing of this movie? Its GREAT!!! SUPERB!
Some will say its very siens but thats your problem for not being able to appreciate every sweat they put into this.

But I wanna ask if u ever watched this. Have 2D anime ever looked so real? (not in graphics but the feeling)

Even the trailer has a unique touch to it.

Movies like these always gets less attention compared to movies like naruto and hunterXhunter and watever other shits.
Being an art student, this is a masterpiece to me.

(Download it if you really want to see how good it is! make sure u get a good quality version! As for EDWINA i dun care you must watch it!)

*PS: The ending is.. soo omg... FIN? OMG!! OMGOMGMGOMGOMGOMG*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaaaahhh!! >3< Sorry for not checkin your blog for few days now. HAha. I oso never check my DA since then. T__T Too busy with final project. Now rushing like crazy.

Anyways... that anime... I HAVE IT. HAHA. Half way watch la! Hahahaha. Memang nice pun!! The director is Makoto Shinkai who did Voices from a Distant Star (big hit). He do everything by himself la that time. 1 man team. His wife VO for the girl, he VO for the main character. For this anime, I dunno la.

You shud watch the anime called Noein la. It's like Chrono Cross liddat. Time and space oso. Deal with reality and a lot of alternate reality. Like got another YOU in another universe. The anime not famous one but really nice.

Yesterday we watch Rattatouille and Artificial Intelligent in 3DLab 2. I think you pernah watch A.I. Reminds me of Family Portrait and Pan's Labyrinth. Haha. Emo child story liddat. Hahaha.

ItuAnjingBetina said...

AI i watched b4 but pan labryinth not yet. waa so he's the one that did the solo anime?
This anime is really amazing.
Best of tha best to me

Anonymous said...

Quality of anime is nice and everything but the most important to me is engaging storyline.

One recent anime that won the best tv anime award for 2007 is called CODE GEASS.

Seriously check out CODE GEASS, it's awesome and engaging.

"On August 10th, 2010, a.t.b., the Holy Empire of Britannia overpowered Japanese forces and conquered the country with their robotic weapons, the Knightmare Frames, in less than a month. Japan lost its freedom and rights and was renamed Area 11. The Japanese people, renamed as "Elevens", were forced to survive in ghettos, while Britannians lived in first-class settlements. Rebel elements persisted, however, as pockets of Japanese organizations who struggled against the Empire for the independence of Japan.

After his father, the Emperor of Britannia, did nothing to pursue the terrorists who murdered his mother and crippled his sister, the young boy named Lelouch vowed to destroy Britannia. Seven years later, in Area 11, he encounters a mysterious girl who gives him the power of Geass. With it, he finally has the power that he needs to defeat Britannia and fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister can live happily."

Here's a link. :D

http://anime6.org/?p=34

Anonymous said...

By the way this time Makoto Shinkai did not do it alone...



# Director, Writer and Original Creator: Makoto Shinkai
# Character Design and Art Director: Takayo Nishimura
# Background Art: Takumi Tanji, Ryoko Majima

Still have the same quality in his work. :)

Anonymous said...

So I watched it... and I'm pissed off at the ending instead of being sad. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!! >:(

Anyways.

The movie is named 5 Centimeters Per Second for the speed at which cherry blossom petals fall, petals being a metaphorical representation of humans, reminiscent of the slowness of life and how people often start together but slowly drift into their separate ways.

What a T___T story.

Anonymous said...

Wooh....this is truly awesome.The conceptual background is good. But the animation is fantastic. Very good realistic movement accuracy.

Anonymous said...

Seems like Makoto Shinkai is a sucker for sad love stories.... Haha.